Friday, January 23, 2009

The much anticipated arrival of Rockwell Warren Weatherspoon!!

Lil'Rock came into this world on Tuesday January 2oth at 4:56 p.m. He weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces and was 21 and a half inches long. His noggin was 14 and a half inches, and luckily he gets his good looks from his mom, but we can already see the beginnings of the Weatherspoon brow coming so watch out Rocky.

He is such a sweet baby and masculine too, he managed to flex for his Mama on his fathers command. So far he loves to eat..., sleep, eat some more, take naps between mom and dad, imitate puppy dogs... in his sleep of course. He is quite the party animal too, and likes to take good naps during the day so he can party all night with mom and sometimes dad (I sleep like a... rock... and can't always be held accountable for my weird night tactics, although it's easy to see where Rock got his puppy dog imitations from, sometimes I imitate growling dogs on rabies at night...hopefully rock will just stick with the puppies). Rock was even nice enough to act as my alarm clock this morning at 3:45 and stayed up with me to help me study for a test that I had in pharmaceutics at 8:00. Sarah actually enjoyed the birthing process (thanks to the epidural that she was able to sport all day) but she is beginning to hate the recovery. We will have more pictures to come...

8 comments:

  1. Yea!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Congrats!! He looks like perfection!!

    Xoxo,

    Randi & Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is a cutie for sure! man, your boy is so advanced..my boys don't imitate animals yet, dang.

    ps - joe, don't be a blog snot, add me to your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats you guys! He looks like a real cutie. I'm glad everything went uneventful and that everyone is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock sure is a handsome devil:) I am so happy for you guys. You are going make the best parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at me with my blog-stalking!!! Congratulations! Not only is it wonderful to find you, Sarah, but to see you had a perfect little baby boy this week. Wonderful!

    Katie May Barnum Hess, your sister from another mister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!

    Rock is SOOO handsome! We can't wait to meet him!

    WE love you Guys!

    Love, J & S willyerd and the kids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Joe and Sarah! He is SO stinkin' CUTE! Let us know if you need anything, and I hope your recovery goes well Sarah...just hang in there:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Sarah you look great, and the little man is incredibly handsome. Thanks for the e-mail with the blog link. Hope all is well.

    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete