Friday, March 13, 2009

Rock's Baby Blessing

Rock's blessing was wonderful! It was held in our little one bedroom apartment. In attendance were the Weatherspoons, (Warren, Margaret, Leah and Gavin, and Ashley) My folks, Rebecca, Trent and Natalie, Uncle Richard and Carlys, Grandma Joyce and her cousin, our good friends, Kade, Kaylee, Jon, Andy and little Cameron, and our good Bishop! Can you believe they all fit? Leading up to it I wondered how it would work.. (Joe might have said I stressed about how it might work...) Actually it never even felt crowded and it was simply wonderful.

The happy family

The couldn't-be-happier mom

Three Generations of handsome Weatherspoon men

My awesome parents!! I am sure it was hard to stay away but they shared Rockwell really well while the Weatherspoons were in town.

The Weatherspoon family- At the time we thought that the slouching and the scrunching wouldn't show up in the picture... lets just blame that on how small the apartment is. My mom who took the picture is backed up as far as she can go. Rockwell can't take his eyes off his dad!


Does it look like my friends all came from the Amazon or something? Or am I really that short?

Here are some shots of the fun weekend we got to spend with the Weatherspoon's- we had such a good time. They were glad they got to take a break from the cold (17degrees when Warren and Margaret left Boise) and enjoy one of the warmest weekends yet in AZ!

Warren and his 7th grandbaby

Margaret, looking beautiful- Don't be confused by Rockwell's face, he is not crying but infact I caught him in the middle of a sneeze! Rock never cried while he was in his grandma's arms, which was 75% of the weekend!!

Aaaah, Aunty Ashley and little Gavin

Gavin got so sick while he came to visit, pink eye, ear infection, congestion, poor little man, but he is soo fun when he's feeling well! Leah thought she was getting away from it all and ready to spend a nice vacation in AZ, but she had her hands full with sick kids back home in NC and here in AZ, and feeling guilty about Rock having to spend 3 days in the hospital for catching a bug. I think that it was a little less relaxing than she anticipated, which is why she pretty much avoided the camera.

She bought him this really cute shirt though...
We also went to a couple spring training games. It was 80 something degrees that day, although it felt like 100!
Rock slept through it. We made a little cooler for him under his blanket with a cold water bottle.

4 comments:

  1. He's absolutely precious! I bet you guys just eat him up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you guys don't eat him up, cuz that would be cannibalism. And murder.




    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so...what made you want to bless him at home? i didn't know you could do that? but i guess if anyone would know, it'd be you bubba!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah!! I'm soo happy that I just found your blog! I had no idea you had one! Now I can keep track of you even better. I love all the pics from Rock's blessing. He is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete