Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Trip Home


Rockwell and I had to leave Joe for the first time, and went home for a quick trip. More than just my friend, my Zac Grow passed away. It's hard to put into words what that really means to me. Although it was a very difficult thing to go home for his funeral I got to spend time with Lizzy, my little big sister, and all of the Grow family. My parent's were out of town on a trip they had been planning to Virginia and to Jennifer's house, so the kids ran wild in Grandma Jeanne and Poppa Eric's house.

Collin, Brandon, and Madeleine; my brother's kids. Rock loves his cousins! Brandon especially made Rockwell laugh everytime he looked at him. Rock put a dirt clod the size of his fist in his mouth shortly after this picture.

My favorite pumpkin patch! I have never lived anywhere other than in the bay area where I have found a better pumpkin patch. I was so glad Rocky got to go! He had such a good time too.

Captain of the ship!



No comment.

Ramona slept through the whole thing!


Rock loved playing in grandma Jeanne's backyard. He walked that tricycle around in circles and circles!

Ramona is 2 months younger than Rocky and put up with a lot this weekend. He just wanted to touch her face and roll over and around her the whole time. She barely made a fuss even when he was poking her in the eyes. Thanks Ramona! And sorry about Rock. He just really likes you.

My mom keeps such a spic and span clean house Lizzy and I revelled in the messes our kids made. She wasn't around to see it, and we found it humorous how many things they pulled out of drawers, off shelves and threw on the kitchen floor. If you find anything out of place you know who to blame...






I also got to see my grandpa. We went on his morning walk with him.


Up to the same old tricks at Grandpa's house.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you were able to spend such a special time with Grow family. I watched the video of Rocky and I can't believe how well he was walking... What a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have your blog address. It was so nice to see you and meet rocky. Love the pics.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah, thanks for this special post... i think you know how much zac loved you(all of us know... thats for sure... he never let us forget it!!!!! :) ).words can't even say what i'd like you to know, what your- more than- friendship and love for zac means to us (not to even mention what it meant to him) i love you sarah.thanks joe ,for helping sarah to be able to come AND for taking care of our girl.

    ReplyDelete