Tuesday, February 23, 2010

25 Years OLD

Here's to the most elaborate suprise birthday hoax I have ever heard of- and to the best friends for pulling it off.

Sundays are busy days for many, but this particular sunday was especially busy. Church 9-12, Joe home teaching 1-2pm, Our home teachers 3pm, Activity Committee Meeting 4pm, and as soon as the meeting was over Joe got a call from Jon Nuckles who had apparantly gotten 'stuck' while working at the hospital. Jon was going to have to undergo all sorts of tests to make sure he didn't pick up some disease and wouldn't be allowed to drive himself home afterward, and asked if we would we be willing to babysit Cameron whle Andy picks up Jon. I was so concerned!! Of course we would, who wouldn't? We rushed over and to my suprise that whole story was made up! There were my friends hiding behind the couch, and Jon, healthy as can be. Thanks for the heart attack you guys :)

A real Thrifty Brand Rocky Road ice cream cake. Delicious.
Speaking of delicious- Out to eat the next morning with the ladies. We all ordered mixed berry crepes from Mimi's Cafe. Yum, and thank you!

When I got home from the ladies only breakfast, Joe and Rocky had this set up in the backyard. To the untrained eye it may just look like a silly face spray painted on a slab of plywood, but to me it is the perfect target for my new hobby- knife throwing. Thanks babe, you are the best.

On a side note, my awesome Aunt Susan sent Rocky this shirt for his b-day last month. The Original BIG WHEEL. My cousins and I were lucky enough to have a grandma and grandpa who had a big wheel for us to ride when we came to visit their house. We were especially lucky because they lived at the top of a monstrous hill, and we all took turns speeding down the hill on that big wheel. I always felt my life was in danger every time I got on that big wheel but it never stopped me from doing it. Thank you Aunt Susan, I was so pumped when I saw this shirt. It's the first shirt I put on him after laundry day.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty clever ploy to get you over to their house.

    By the way, how tall is that wall in your backyard? I mean, I don't doubt your burgeoning skill at knife throwing but if I was walking by and happened to randomly look over the fence and saw a lady throwing knives in my direction, I might need to change my shorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i made the blog! thanks for the shout out...so glad you liked the shirt - looks so cute on rock! big wheels are the best - especially when you kids roared up and down the street or driveway!!

    ReplyDelete