Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Rosalie Wynn Weatherspoon

Rosalie: From the word Rose.  A beautiful flower that is used to express gratitude, respect, sanctity, devotion, friendship, and love.  It is a symbol of the beauty and perfection of the woman (at least so says the Da Vinci Code, which is where me and Sarah got the name, and not the Twilight series, but the meaning of the word/name was not lost there either)
Wynn: An old English name meaning: Holy and blessed.  Joy and peace.  Fair and pure.
Rosalie Wynn came into this world in a blaze of cyanotic glory on Monday December 13th, 2010, at around 11:30 AM. She weighed exactly 8 lbs, was 19 1/4 inches long, and had a head circumference of 14 1/4 inches.

Here we are preparing ourselves mentally for the big day. 

Here she is just minutes after being pulled out, I don't know why she would ever want to, but I think she wants to go back in.  (Just a side note, I was able to watch the C-section, and I have to say I got a little light headed, the doctor works so fast, it was like watching a pit crew change a tire!)

She has this look.  She already knows she is daddy's little princess.

She is quite perfect.

Here is Sarah just a day after the c-section, entertaining some Rocky Rose, anyone hungry for ice-cream?

She seriously just eats, sleeps, and stares with confused contentment.
We don't want to jinx ourselves by saying but did you ever hear of that movie Night and Day, or the phrase Ying and Yang, or Rock and Rose... They are so different.  When we compare her to how Rocky was at this point its crazy.  She has slept more in the past three days then Rocky did in his first three weeks, and when she is awake she is content, and when she cries it's not like a wailing siren of slight craziness but like a soothing humm.

Rocky does love his little sister.  He is already such a good big brother, giving her kisses, pats, and her binky.  Which by the way Rocky never wanted anything to do with a bink, but she loves them.

Here she is coming home.  This is our picture of serenity for the day.  This doesn't however depict the insanity of that morning.  I'd like to think of it as the morning that should not be remembered.  Me and Rocky woke up bright and early at 2 AM ready for the daze.  A complete daze in fact from 2 AM until 3:30 AM when he finally decided to go to bed.  It was at this point where I discovered how bad I am at being the bad guy.  This early morning reverie did not disrupt Rocky's waking time of 7 AM.  After a quick visit with Mom at the hospital I came home with Rocky to prepare the car for lil'Rosy.  So as I put in her car seat I allowed Rocky to play in the front seat.  This would have been a great idea if he had not found the padlock and mail keys and shoved them as far down into the ignition as possible.  Rocky described it best when he looked over at me and with a look void of emotion said "it stuck".  This is when I discovered that I actually can play the part of the bad guy.  Rocky planned his escape perfectly, because this is when his friend Ben, from down the road came over to pick him up to play at his house.  And after a few hours, a locksmith, some choice but not to be repeated words, and a $150 charge to our credit card the madness ended.  Thank-you Rocky for putting me through the refiners fire of parenthood.  I love Rocky, he lives up to his name, and is 100 percent boy, and I wouldn't have him any other way.  I have to say Rosalie is a perfect addition to our family, bringing balance.  Who would have thought that one could escape entropy and the craziness of life by being with a perfect little newborn girl.  Thank-you Rosy for your calming and beautiful disposition. 

8 comments:

  1. congratulations you guys!! she is super cute! I loved reading the whole blog - very entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Joe and Sarah, She is beautiful. Congratulations!!! I loved your blog post Joe. What an eventful time. I am soo glad everything went well, and Sarah and baby are home and doing good. Love ya, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this was a surprise! Glad to see all went well with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I can't believe how much older Rock looks now than he did in Tahoe! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! and thanks for the humorous post, Sounds vaguely familiar, but it has been so many years, I cant trust my memory.
    Hugs, Aunt ME

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I love Rocky's curly hair. He is looking so big when he is sitting next to Rose. So happy for you guys! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! She is sweet. I'll take her anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, Joe. Welcome, little Rosy. She really is beautiful. Take good care and let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete