Monday, February 20, 2012

Spur of the Moment

Monday I got an email from my Sister in law that Brandon, my nephew, was getting baptized on Sunday.  Tuesday by 11am the kids and I were in the car driving to CA for a week!  
Rocky had his own pair of orange clippers, so he was set to help trim the oak tree in the front yard.





I am not the only one who loves my parents backyard. Lots of fun memories of playing pretend with the kids from the court after school. We had on going make believe games that could last a week.  After school  we would just pick up where we left off, hunting, gathering, cooking, war...I could write a book about it..

Rosy and Rocky unlocked a little bit of the backyard magic while we were there, on the days it wasn't raining.


Isn't this a sweet play car?  Flea market baby.




Who needs a seat cushion?


Love me my beaches...



Rosy pokes everyone and everything with her one dainty finger.


There were a bunch of sea lions down the beach a ways! The baby pups had already been born and were squirming around the beach like inch worms. Pretty cute.

Also out and about were banana slugs! Kaylee I thought of you for some reason.  And Cameron too.  Rocky spend time collecting them.  They were EVERYWHERE.  At one point we stopped and counted as many as we could see just from standing in one spot and we counted 16!  If you have never seen a banana slug they are just big gross yellow slugs, and no matter what any older sibling may tell you, they do not taste like bananas when you lick them.  



This is my favorite beach, ever.   You not only have your tide pools and sea lions, but it has this magical forest on the cliffs above the beach.  I told Rocky it was magical, and I think he really believed the monsters and dinosaurs were in there.  He stepped very lightly within the forest, even though he knew they were sleeping.

Look, at that face, you know he thought it was magic.  



Those trees are all facing the ocean.  I think it looks amazing how their branches are all reaching out identically towards the beach.


It's tradition to pause at this downed tree and take a picture (I've been here a few times...)
Aah.. Goodbye beach.

Grandma Jeanne is a kid magnet.


Rosy is playing peek-a-boo with the screen.


Talk to the hand mom, this photo shoot is over.


Back at the car again.  She looks determined to get somewhere.






We had quite a few cousins over the night of the baptism, so fun.  Rocky and second cousin Lexi claimed the blanket box as their corner of the house.

These twinners!! Oh man, they are my mom's youngest sister's girls and they are cute.

7 comments:

  1. ^ 3 of my favorite womenfolk in one picture. How cool is that? :)

    So much good stuff in this post. I particularly took notice of your photog skills. I dig the various dimensions & hues in some of them. Does your camera do that on its own or did you edit them later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cuz, I just edit them in Picasa after I take them. Thanks for noticing though, I have been taking pictures for a long time but this last year I recently noticed how much I enjoy it.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Don't know why that happened twice. Also, do you remember going to that beach? I have some fun photos of you and I there, somewhere.

      Delete
    4. Indeed I do! Good times. I have a few myself. We should share them with each other at some point. And that some point should be a soon point. But if we both have the same pictures, that will be less joyous. :)

      Well, I for one encourage your Picasa-ing. I like breaks from the norm. (I also like this new reply feature)

      Delete
  2. Holy, That is an awesome beach:) Sarah, you got some awesome pics. Good work, girly. Your kids melt my heart. Miss you guys like crazy. -Andy

    PS. Cameron would have freaked out (in a good way) to see that many slugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, these pictures are amazing! The photo of you and Rosy baby on the beach is beautiful. I hope you frame it and put it up somewhere in your home. As for that beach...it IS magical! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete