Friday, December 7, 2012

Thanksgiving in Fruitland

This year we hosted Thanksgiving in our new home and were lucky enough my brother drove all the way from California, and my sister Lizzy came from Utah!  All in all we had 10 guests- it was soo much fun! The best part was that we had more children than adults in the house.  It was a happy few days.
Jonathan's minivan didn't quite make the terrain it took to get out there- so it was a bit of a hike to get where we needed to go.  BUT WORTH IT. I love shooting.

Collin and Rosy were the only kids brave enough to face the cold on our shooting adventure.

I was glad I had Rosy to keep me warm.


"I'm not sure about this"- Collin said that right before he took his first shot. haha

Rosy referred to Lizzy as "Baby's Mommy" the whole time, because Lizzy brought the ever cute- Maxine with her. 
Mona, come play in our secret garden any time!

We also did some target practice with the bows on Thanksgiving day. 

The kids table is actually Rocky's train table with butcher paper covering it.  The kids colored so many cute pictures on it, I would have wanted to save it had it not been for the few drink spills that kind of ruined that option.

I sat down for a few minutes to document the chefs- however Sondra and Jonathan are missing from this photo.  Everyone pitched in and we had a most delicious dinner!

Joe got out the sparkling cider and before he knew it he had a line of kids with their cups waiting for him to fill them up!

Little Lizzy asked for the drumstick. Ha! 

Dessert was fabulous as well.  Joe made a chocolate kids pie that Collin seems to be enjoying! 

We also took a walk in the "woods" behind our backyard.
And rolled down the grassy hills.
And this is what the whole Thanksgiving trip was about- COUSINS!
p.s. We played the funnest Turkey Bowl on Thanksgiving morning- unfortunately I didn't bring my camera with me.  Everyone played, baby Maxine even had her own set of flags!

2 comments:

  1. I love the foto of Lizzy with the drumstick. The look on Greg's face makes it doubly awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I didn't comment on Greg, so I am glad you did! I knew I could count on you...

    ReplyDelete