Sunday, November 8, 2009

5k


On Saturday I ran a 5k. VERY unexpectedly I got second place for women over all and First for my age group. My time was 23min 2sec if you are going by the race results, but funny story- I was warming up when it was announced it was time to head over to the start line. It was then that I realized everyone over by the start except for me (I must have been in some sort of pre-race zone not to notice before.) So immediately Joe, Rock and I head over there, I take my sweats off, and just as I am kissing Rocky for goodluck the race starts!! I wasn't even over there- I was behind everyone at the start. Kind of frustrating- but Joe timed me from when I started and my time was 22min 45sec. I know, 'excuses excuses' but I'd rather go by that time...
I remember what I was thinking right about now, "Should I puke now, or later?"

4 comments:

  1. way to go!!! 1st place - you're freaking awesome :)

    love your halloween pictures - i have never seen bobbing for apples from a ceiling fan - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! I'm so proud of you! Thats crazy that the race started when you weren't even ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Cuzzin! Not bad for being the last person to start running. Kudos to you, and kudos again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! Way to go - really Sarah I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete