Thursday, January 21, 2010

BIRTHDAY TIME!

ONE YEAR OLD! Can you believe it? Rock spent the day having fun- library, park, play time with cousin Nataile, party time, park again, and then a well deserved sleep! He got to try all sorts of firsts, Mom and dad got him Honey Nut Cheerios and Chocolate milk for his birthday- he seemed mildly interested.

Rock looks so... what's the work I'm looking for... Pimpin. And Natalie looks...scared.

This picture requires a bit of an explaination. Meet the 'Perfect Pet'. Seriously, that's what they're called. If you can't tell it's a helium balloon cow. We also bought a T-Rex and a little doggie. Rebecca and I started our adventure when we decided to walk to the $store where I saw these and really wanted to buy them for Rock's party. When I got them I was suprised that they didn't float- but they cashier assured me that's how they are supposed to be. It's a cute idea, kids can pull them by the leash and the animals just walk along, as Natalie is here demonstrating. The challenge was getting all three balloons home with 2 strollers! Not an easy task when they don't float. Needless to say if anyone was driving down 67th Ave around 1pm yesterday they probably got a show-

'The Rock'- Joe's personal design


A little coaxing from dad didn't really help.

We moved into the high chair but he still wasn't intereted.
Someone suggested giving him a pretzel to dip in the cake.



It just wasn't worth it...

6 comments:

  1. Well I had fun at the party! Food was great as always and I am now a fan of knife throwing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's #1 child for you - wait till you have your second child - they will dig in and get really messy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fun party:) Thanks for letting us come and enjoy Rocky's 1st BIRTHDAY!!! Happy Birthday Rocky...You're da bomb:) -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Rocky is such a funny little man!! I wish we could have been there to celebrate his birthday with him! It has been a while since I checked your blog so it was so fun to see how much he has grown. He looks so much older to me. You guys have been on my mind lately and I hope that all is going ok in AZ. Take care and we love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, already one. Looks like you're hangin' in there Sara. Such a wonderful mother. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Rocky! He is so cute. Where did you get that truck! I love it!

    ReplyDelete