Saturday, July 9, 2011

Time Spent in CA

We had a beautiful day at the beach, it was actually sunny, which is a rarity in Northern California.
Rocky had a blast. He and Joe were like peas and carrots.
Baby Rose's first trip to the beach.
 I love my parent's backyard, it always has a breeze no matter how hot it is. 
We celebrated my dad's 60th birthday while we were there.
On the 4th of July we hiked to the "W Tree" in Sunol, CA on the Little Yosemite trail.  I love that trail.
Check out the dead rattle snake on the trail. yuck.
The W Tree 
Grandpa's teaching Rosalie all sorts of stuff about Sycamore trees.
That's so cute.
Check out the rocks in the root stump of this tree.
Unfortunately I had a few little fingerprints on the lens of the camera, I thought it was just sun spots, but all the pictures I took that day had smudges on them.
X marks the spot.  Unfortunately I didn't find any buried treasure under this rock.
On the 4th we also went over to great grandpa Daine's for a BBQ.  He's great for lots of reasons...
Traditional 4th of July fireworks in the court.  It was warmer this year, we weren't shivering in our sweatshirts!

1 comment:

  1. She really looks like a Willyerd in that pic where she's passed out. :) Man, fireworks in the court, I'm a tad jealous...

    ReplyDelete