Sunday, August 21, 2011

We Made It To Oregon!

Well we are officially residents of Oregon!  It already feels like a lifetime since we left Arizona, even if its only been 2 months.  While I miss so much more about AZ than I thought I would, there are definitely perks to living in Oregon.  For example, did you know black berries grow like a weed out here?  The streets are literally lined with wild blackberry bushes.  They are at every park, and along many sidewalks.  We live so close to a couple U-Pick blueberry and raspberry farms too.  I ate a blueberry that was no-joke, the size of a quarter! I didnt even know that was possible.  My parents came down last weekend to deliver the remanider of our stuff, and we went berry picking 3 times in one weekend!  That tells you how delicious they were.  We are living in a temporary 4-plex, and we are trying not to unpack anything we dont need.  Joe did most of his training in Portland during July so the kids and I stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks.(That's a story on it's own, one I dont wish to re-live...Let's just say, no car or stroller, Rosy and double ear infections, sick kids, no sleep...blah blah blah) So we really have only been here (in Albany at our 4-plex) for less than a month.  We were so used to living with so little since we left our 'stuff' behind at my parent's house that now that we have our boxes I still haven't unpacked much.  For example, we have one knife, and it's about 100 years old and it's still the only knife we have. I dont' know why I mention that, just that it makes me laugh when I find myself washing it 20 times a day.  The funny thing about living somewhere you know to be temporary is it's hard to ever feel organized.  No matter how hard I try I seem to still feel like a mess. 
 We did let Bear stay with Joe's parent's while we were making it work in a hotel.  This is the happy family at Multnoma falls on our way to visit the parents and drop off the dog.
Between study intervals (at this point in the summer Joe still had to take both of his Pharmacy tests- just ask him, BIG headache, he was convinced he had failed, but actually passed with flying colors) Joe and Rocky rode the lawn mower at his parent's house.
Rosy making cute baby messes at his parents house.
Look at that sass face!
So here we are, adjusting to life in Oregon.  For those of you who read that, it was a lot to read, but I have been MIA from blogging for a while!

1 comment:

  1. Oregon looks gorgeous Sarah. Did you ever see Practical Magic? If you haven't seen it you have to watch it. I can't remember if it is Washington or Oregon where it is filmed, but it looks just like all of your pictures. Your life sounds like such an adventure. Even the ear infections stuck in a hotel room for 2 weeks...Adventures can't be happy all the time, they'd be really boring if they were;)

    ReplyDelete