Sunday, August 28, 2011

More Oregon

My parents came into town a few weeks ago, and we had no shortage of fun.  Rocky is obsessed with trains right now, he LOVES seeing them, hearing them, playing with them... We actually rode one when mom and dad came down!
He was so excited when we pulled up.  I'll never forget how happy he looked when he inched up to this train and touched it with his finger!

 
We sat right up in the front, and the train whistle was SO LOUD.  Rocky never took his hands off his ears, although he still said he had fun.
They had a fun playground at the train station too.
We also visited the Tillamook Cheese factory after the train ride and got some free samples. Yummy!
We also picked A LOT of blue berries.  I think I mentioned my love for the berries out here in my previous post...
We skipped some rocks at the Willamette River, probably only 2 miles from our house.
This is my favorite picture right now. Rosy wearing my hat, sitting on my dad's lap, wearing his hat.  On the banks of the Willamette. 
These next pictures have a little story behind them.  When Rocky was little my dear friends of the Grow family sent Rocky these adorable red Converse shoes. I was so excited, they just seemed so 'Marlis Grow' to me.  She sent them when Rocky was about 2 months old.  He was only able to wear them for a month though because he grew so fast that first year!  I put them in their original box and packed them away, I just recently found them and put them on my girl, hopeful they still fit.  Guess what? Perfect fit and she's 8months old.  If that gives you a little idea of how much bigger Rocky was when he was Rosy's age... She is such a doll baby.  Thanks again for the red Marlis shoes, Marlis.
Joe had some time off from work this weekend, and we had a beautiful day in the mountains at the Santiam River.  It's rare when you get a day to do just about whatever you want, with no time constraints whatsoever.  That's what it fell like at the River.  We skipped rocks, swam, looked for fish and bugs and ate our fill of wild blackberries.  We would make an excellent mountain man family.  whatever that means.
No one was there to take my picture, but I just felt happy and wanted to document the moment!
Rocky didn't want to take any pictures, he was too busy being busy.  This kid is something else.  He's always been good at anything physical, but I realized yesterday he doesn't slow us down at all, even when he has rocks as big as he is to hike over.  He's such a fun kid to be around.
Our day did not end there.  Joe found a drive-in theatre not too far away so we packed all of our blankets and pillows in the land rover and went to watch the flick.  I remember going when I was a kid, poppin popcorn and packing drinks... It was fun to take the kiddos.  We got there in plenty of time to set up.
They advertised that they had the biggest screen in Oregon! (In the smallest town of Oregon...)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big Rosie and Rocky look. I looks like you guys have had a lot of fun lately:) LOVE Rosie's red converse. Miss you like crazy. -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of Rosy and your Dad. And the one you took of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete