Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year Thanksgiving started as it should, with a Turkey Bowl!  This is the view from the warm car, it was about 40' outside, and with the windchill, way too cold for the kiddos to play, even bundled up.  The kids were OK cheering dad on from the car.


That evening we had Thanksgiving dinner with Joe's aunt and uncle.  The table was so festive! Everyone had place settings with waffle cone cornucopia, and Hershey kiss acorns!  How fun!  Rocky pretty much ate chocolate acorns for dinner.  Everything was delicious, exactly how a Thanksgiving feast should be!  The company wasn't so bad either :)

The next day we drove out to Driftwood State Park on the coast.  It was an AWESOME day at the beach.    It was the first time I felt actual sunshine on my face in 6 days (welcome to the Northwest I guess, it can rain here).   







 






Look how much foam these waves churned up!


This enormous piece of driftwood had such beautiful grains in it.  Light green and full of swirls.  I wish I had a forklift to lift it off the beach and bring it home with me...

Rocky found an abandoned fort!

Rock and I stalking our prey.

3 comments:

  1. That's an appropriately named State Park.

    And that close up picture of Rosy is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many Turkey, up there in OR. Hope you dirty dogs are well. My MissYouGuys bone is tickling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures! I only wish that your Thanksgiving was spent at our house. Sarah you look terrific and I can't get over how much Rosy looks like you. Twinners!!!

    ReplyDelete