Tuesday, December 23, 2008

BISON RANCH

The weekend before Christmas we were lucky enough to spend time up in the mountains, where they actually had snow on the ground! Andy found this resort through her mom's timeshare called Bison Ranch- Appropriately pictured is Joe riding a bison.
We stayed in the blue cabin, upstairs. The whole place looked like an old western town. The whole gang! Joe, Jon, and lil' Cameron Ray win the prize for the most stoic faces. But Andy and I got to hold the guns, we couldn't help but smile a little bit.
I think Joe pulls off that perfectly ridgid face that makes him so believable as an old time westerner. And I think I look pregnant.
Andy and I were going for tomboy red neck ruffians- Andy, (so cute) looks like Huck Finn and I look like a pot-bellied sherriff! haha. Thanks Rock. I think we wore the boys and Cameron out with playing dress up, but I could have gone on all night with the old fashioned photo booth. All in all, Joe and I decided we always had luck with weekend getaways being so fun, and Bison Ranch was no exception. From cinnamon rolls for breakfast to a free old fashioned photo booth- we were loving life this weekend!

Among Jon's many talents is his photography skills. This old wagon was in a field we walked out to- I kept anticipating a Bison to charge out of no where.
After sacrament meeting on Sunday we headed out for perfect hot tubbing conditions, 35 degrees! Joe was mindful not to forget what day it was.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Guys! I remembered your blog! Not that it was difficult to remember:-) Our blog is 'private', so you'll have to email me (so that I have your email address), and I'll send you an 'invite'. LOVE your pictures! Especially the western ones (and the swimming ones). We're SO excited to be your new neighbors! Take care, and we'll see ya guys around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. My new favorite blog to read! Joe's legs are killing me softly in that pre-hot tub soak picture. "Keep on rocking in the free world"--Neil Young

    ReplyDelete
  3. bubba!!!! your hair is hecka long now!!

    ReplyDelete