Sunday, July 5, 2009

California

We had so many good times, and saw so much family in such a small amount of time while we were in California.

We were lucky enough to catch Zac man before he left for his own road trip to Idaho.

Grandma is helping Rockwell have a ride on the turtle in Jonathan's backyard.

On the way out to the beach we dropped by to say hi to Great (in more than one way!) Grandpa.

Among Rock's many monumental firsts is pictured his first trip to the ocean!

Before he had a taste of the water...

After the wave jumped up and got him. I think dad enjoyed it more than Rocky did.

Beach #2, Moss Beach, my favorite! Apparently it is quite popular with the seals now a days too.

It always makes me nervous when I see Tsunami Evacuation Routes.

What I love about Moss beach are the tide pools...



...and the Cyprus forest.




My favorite tree at my favorite beach.

We also got a chance to do some nice hiking at one of my dad's parks (ex-park thanks to retirement!)

Joe and I also found another fantastic tree.


Happy 4th of July!! Nothing like setting off fireworks in the court.

Brandon and I struggled to stay warm... in July! That would be unheard of in AZ.


Jonathan's family joined us for fireworks. With everyone's winter coats it looks more like a winter holiday.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah!!! I wish I was in california with you, it looks sooo fun!!!! and lucky!!!! you got to see grandpa.I miss him. Rockwell looks darling, I hope we get to meet him someday. Be safe traveling. Love ya, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang looks like you had fun in California. I love that beach too. My family always goes there. You look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah - I found your blog off of Sondra's blog. You guys are the cutest little family. I love all the pictures. Looks like you have been having a lot of fun. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete