Saturday, July 4, 2009

Lakeview, OR/CA


Rockwell's first campout, which has been long awaited by both mom and dad, was in Lakeview OR! Lakeview is right on the border of CA and OR, infact the campground is on Stateline Rd. We set the tent up so that Joe could sleep on the North side and sleep in OR and I could sleep on the South side and be in CA. ha ha. There is no doubt that Rockwell is an outdoor's boy. He loved it!



Can you find Rocky?
It was not the warmest night sleep I have ever had. When Rock woke up at midnight for a bottle I put him on the air mattress between Joe and I. He fell asleep so soundly I just let him stay- plus it was getting really cold so I thought he would stay warm if he slept between us. It ended up getting down to the 40's that night! For some reason I couldn't go back to sleep, so for the next 4 hours I tried not to move so I did not wake Rock up. My sleeping bag somehow got partially unzipped and I started to get so cold, but at the time it seemed logical to not zipper it up, so I didn't run the risk of waking Rocky. Now it sounds completely crazy, but if anyone out there has a baby who is a light sleeper, you know where I am coming from.


The campground was beautiful, lots of flowers were in bloom. There were also lots of trails we could take Rock out on with the stroller.




As soon as we got there we put our swimsuits on and asked the campground manager the fastest way to the lake. He kind of scratched his beard and said, "The lake is sort of dried up this time of year..." We understood the funny looks we got with our bathing suits on when we got to the 'lake' that was actually a mud bog! We had a really good time tromping through it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment