Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer Fun

The Fa'nunu's came to visit all the way from Chicago and we celebrated with a traditional penny dive!  Grandma Joyce used to do that every family reunion and all of us grandkids could make a few bucks- fun fun memories.  I am playing the part of Grandma Joyce.
Tom really got into it!
Even Joe made a few of his own bucks!
The 12 hour car ride to my parent's house wasn't so bad for Rocky, he got to sit right next to Abigail who made him an animal print fort!
Rocky and I left Joe and went with the Fa'anunu's to finish finals with a quiet house.  We have to be away for 2 whole weeks- dangit!
First place to visit once we got to my parent's house was Kennedy Park- my favorite park ever! I've been wanting to take Rocky there forever.  It was no disapiontment.  We are at the petting zoo here.

A lot of kids come away from petting zoos traumatized but I think Rocky traumatized the goats instead.
 
 In line at the train depot, waiting for our turn. Rock rode it twice in a row, but he wouldn't let me put him down, he was nervous for sure but loved every second of it.
  Rock's support group on the train ride.
Most of us (Rocky excluded) waited patiently for our turn to ride the merry-go-round.

Rocky made his official choice to ride the baby horsies. 

Rocky's partner in crime this week- Olivia.  Pictured here: each eating their own twix bar.

3 comments:

  1. So is Joe not coming to Tahoe then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky is the cutest! I'm starting to think that he has no fears at all! I'm not so sure that I would have been petting goats without a fence between us at his age :) I love seeing pictures of your many adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can't play the part of grandma if you dont have on a summer moo-moo :)

    ReplyDelete