Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 14

This morning started with Rocky tip-toeing into our room to watch cartoons in bed with me.  A great way to start the day if you ask me.  Rocky and Rosy are playing underneath his bed here while I try to sort what clothes are going to NC, and what clothes we'll need back in AZ, and what to send on to OR!  That was such a brain buster for me. seriously.  I needed a Dr. Pepper after that. 
I put Rocky down for a nap before I left for errands, and set Grandma on watch to make sure he had at least some quiet time while I was gone.  She documented his attempts to come out and skip the quiet time all together.  She said he would just put his little arm out the door and wave it around to see if he would be invited out.  He eventually gave up and fell asleep...for 3 whole hours! I even tried to wake him up because I knew tonight would be no good, which, of course, was awful!  He shed a lot of tears and finally was able to crash at 10:30.  If you were home it probably would have been easier on him, you would have just snuggled down with him and slept in his bed!   Mommies have to be stricter though.  That's the rules.
This little girl is growing out of everything and getting so much older.  She can hold onto her little toys, and she'll talk back to you in the sweetest little coos when you get in her face to talk.  My dad says she has Spencer W. Kimball ears.  I'm afraid he's right! 
Mom and I put her in her blessing dress today finally since she didn't get any pictures on her special day. 
The slip under the dress has all of her girl cousins names embroidered on it by my mom- Rosy wins for having the longest name by only 1 letter!  I thought she'd have it by a long shot.

When we were saying prayers tonight and we asked that you would come home safe and soon.  When we were done Rocky got a big smile on his face and said, "I WANT DADDY!"  He'll be so excited to see you in just 3 days! 

2 comments:

  1. I know these are for Joe, but the 'quiet time' anecdote made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of Rose in her dress. She is so pretty! -Andy

    ReplyDelete